The risks related to cyber crime continue to rise and new threats appear every day. Malware, intrusion, and data theft are just some of today’s challenges.
Guaranteeing the security of data, and in particular the personal data of its Customers is a major priority for VOO. For this reason, VOO makes every effort to protect the private data of its Customers.
2. Collected personal data
Personal data refers to any information that concerns a physical person who may or may not be identified. VOO collects and processes the following categories of its Customers’ personal data: Administrative data. For example: name, first name, address, e-mail address, phone number, etc.
- Technical data. For example: the model and number of the decoder, IP address, etc.
- Data relating to the use of VOO services. For example: the frequency and the duration of calls, the address of visited sites, films ordered in the VOO catalogue, etc.
- Socio-demographic data.
The personal data collected are stored in the files of VOO. Personal data is collected fairly and lawfully. These personal data are either given to us directly by the Customer or through a third party, or they are collected during the use of VOO’s services by the Customer. VOO respects the confidentiality of electronic communications and is not aware of information traffic on its network, nor the identity of the parties involved in the communication, nor the communication data, except in cases provided by law.
3. Purposes for which personal data is processed
Personal data is processed by VOO for the following purposes:
- ensure the fulfilment of the terms of the Contract;
- manage the customer database;
- conduct market research and establish usage profiles;
- detect fraud;
- provide information about and/or promote its products and services, those of the companies in its group and/or those of its commercial partners;
- improve its products and services;
- comply with legal obligations;
In compliance with the statutory provisions, VOO has declared said processing of personal data with the Commission for the Protection of Privacy.
VOO has adopted a strict security policy. In order to guarantee the security of its Customers’ personal data, VOO takes every possible technical and organisational measure required to protect the data from accidental or unauthorised destruction, from accidental loss and from unauthorised modifications, access and processing.
These measures are reviewed on a regular basis to ensure maximum protection of Customers’ personal data. VOO also has specialised personnel who ensure that VOO’s security policy is respected and that current statutory provisions regarding privacy are also respected. VOO also carries out regular audits to ensure that these regulations are respected. VOO ensures that its employees and workers process their Customers’ personal data in a strictly confidential manner. Access permissions to Customers’ personal data are only given to employees and workers who need it to perform their tasks. VOO also takes all the necessary measures to ensure their employees and workers respect the confidentiality of electronic communications as mentioned in item 2. General Terms and Conditions VOO - July 2015 5 VOO shall inform Customers immediately if personal data has been violated in such a way that it may affect their privacy.
6. Data transmission
VOO may transmit Customers’ personal data to sub-contractors or to third parties that the company collaborates with. These sub-contractors and third parties have access to these personal data, limited for the former to performing their tasks, and for the latter to the extent of the collaboration. VOO ensures that these sub-contractors take the necessary technical and organisational measures to protect the personal data of its Customers to which they have access. VOO may share Customers’ personal data with companies belonging to the group to inform the Customer about products and services offered by these companies. VOO may also communicate to the companies belonging to the group, the data relating to their Customers’ solvency in order to protect the interests of the group. VOO transmits certain personal data (name, first name, and connection address) of the Customer to the relevant services if he wants his phone number(s) to appear in the directories and/ or the database of the general information service. Besides in the aforementioned cases, VOO never communicates its Customers’ personal data to third parties, except to meet legal obligations or when requested explicitly by the judicial authorities or the police.
7. Rights of the person in question
The Customer has the right: - to freely choose the channel(s) (e-mail, SMS, phone or mail) via which he will be contacted by VOO for direct marketing purposes;
- to ask VOO to remove his details from directories and/or the database of the general information service;
- to consult at all times personal data that VOO keeps about him and to ask that incorrect or incomplete data is corrected;
- to ask that his personal data are deleted from VOO’s database so he is no longer contacted for direct marketing purposes.
All requests to correct or delete personal data must be made by the Customer in writing, signed and together with a copy of his identity card to VOO, rue Jean Jaurès, 46, 4430 Ans. To exercise his rights, the Customer may contact VOO by e-mail: http://www.voo.be/fr/contact/formulaire, by phone: 078/50.50.50 or by regular mail: Customer Services VOO, Rue Jean Jaurès, 46, 4430 Ans. If the Customer does not want his phone number(s) to be used for direct marketing purposes, he can also contact BDMA by mail:
Noordkustlaan 1 - 1702 Grand Bigard, by e-mail: www.nem-appelez-plus.be or by phone: 0800 40 440. Customer who do not want their personal data to be used to receive personalised TV recommendations from VOO can deactivate this option on the decoder menu.
- to generate statistics and frequency volumes and usage of the various elements on the website (visited sections and content, navigation, etc.) with the intention to improve the website;
- to adapt the website presentation to the preferences of the visitor (language, etc.) and personalise the browsing experience;br>
- to provide secure identity control for the Customer (access to his account, contents of order baskets, etc. );
- to adapt the company’s advertising to the visitor’s browsing habits and propose offerings that better match his interests.
- Google Chrome (versions 21 and later): cookies management page
- Mozilla Firefox (versions 14 and later): instructions for cookies management
- Internet Explorer (Windows only, versions 9 and later): cookies management page
- Apple Safari (Apple computer only, versions 6 and later): instructions for Safari
9. Applicable statutory provisions
For more information about the protection of privacy and the applicable statutory regulations, the Customer may contact the Commission for the Protection of Privacy: www.privacy.fgov.be